Monday, October 12, 2009

reference

By utilizing what "they say" as suggested in Gerald Graff and Cathy Birkenstein's text "They Say I Say" I reference the bigger idea; hoping to give my audience a background to reference the information that I am presenting to them. Through such reference audience can better relate to what I am saying and see the whole picture and my standpoints rather than a small chunk of what is going on. An audience will better comprehend your text if you familiarize them with what’s going on. In his article The Owl Has Flown, Sven Birkets agrees stating that "the lack of a larger perspective hobbles the mind, leads to suspiciousness and wary conservatism." Birkets is essentially saying without a larger collective to pull from a person’s perspective is narrowed. Birkets upholds my original thesis that connecting an audience to a larger idea helps them put the information presented they are presented with into context.

No comments:

Post a Comment