Monday, October 12, 2009

Deep Time

In my own life I feel that I experience deep time with the best quality when I am swimming. I get into a zone or a trance that makes me feel like there is no one in the water but me. I concentrate heavily on my stroke then when I get further into it and my body takes over I find myself drifting on things going on in my life. This can fit Sven Birkerts definition by this world I get in being a “true aesthetic experience.” I can truly comprehend significance of things happening with my family, school, even books that I have been reading, perhaps movies that I watch. Then I can achieve what Birkerts states as a vertical understanding, or above and below the surface awareness. The more we take time to think and grasp the deeper meanings the easier it will be to connect the bits of information together to find the bigger picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment