Monday, October 12, 2009

Deep Time

When I feel like I have having the most deep time with myself would either be on my mountain bike or on my longboard. When I am alone on a ride I start to think and appreciate much more of my surroundings. I pay more attention to the trees and the nature around me and I think more deeply about everything in general, not only what surrounds me. When I ride my mountain bike alone, rather than with friends, it gives me a lot more time for myself to just think, and reflect. Why my form of deep time fits with Birkerts definition is because I am giving myself that time, space and silence by myself to just relax. I think much more about things and I acquire more of a deeper meaning for everything when I am by myself. It is not time to take for granted, it is a time to get a deeper understanding of things so I think it connects with Birkerts definition well.

No comments:

Post a Comment