Monday, October 12, 2009

Deep Time

When I play soccer I consider putting deep time into that. When I play soccer I can't just surface think about how I am going to play. I have to know the game and skills and understanding of the game well to play. Soccer is a fast game and so therefore I have to know without thinking. Pretty much my thinking is so deep that it doesn't even seem like I am thinking. Playing soccer relates to Birkerts definition because it takes a lot of depth, wisdom and resonance. Depth because it has a lot of significance to me. Wisdom because it isn't self focused, you have to comprend the game, you have to have connectiveness with the game, and you have to have common sense to know where the ball is going. Lastly, resonance because you have to have mental space, the game is in silence or in other words your not talking in the sense of telling them how to place during the game. You just play. Overall, I think that Birkerts idea of depth, wisdom, and resonance makes perfect sense and connects to pretty much all life situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment