Monday, October 12, 2009

Deep Time

If there would be anywhere in my past that I have experienced “deep time”, it would have to be when I read “The Promise of Sleep” by William C. Demment. I spent a lot of time thinking about the book. I reread many different parts of the book. This helped my insight of what I was actually reading. I think that “deep time” is the processing of the information that one can obtain. When pondering an idea, to get the depth. Then after obtaining the knowledge you can put into good use. I think that it fits Birkerts definition. He thinks that deep time is to read something, reread several other times. When its time to acknowledge the information that has been obtained you understand the whole. If someone only reads the item one, the amount of understanding the reader obtains is slim, then after rereading things that were missed can better be caught. Then while this person is doing nothing, time can be spent thinking over the topic. Then if you reread the article a third time then the understanding deepens causing “deep time” I don’t think that I can change anything to change Birkherts definition but to ad the deep time includes massive amounts knowledge and thought to be knawel over.

No comments:

Post a Comment