Wednesday, September 23, 2009

To start off I'm Samantha and I also go by Sam. I'm a junior at Nooksack Valley High school and this is my first year of running start. I plan to go into an English major in possibly Art. I love to draw and create different types of art projects. Photography has become a new hobby of mine and its interesting being just a person behind a camera. My life has changed dramatically over the past year or so, and I'm hoping college will give me a fresh start. I've lived in Everson my whole life and some day I wish to move to Seattle and live there for a while. For my high school career I want to get as many drama classes I can because it's a good place for me to be someone else for a change. Meeting new people is something I like to do even though i can be a shy person. Once you get to know me you'll be able to see how my friends can say I'll a little crazy. I am one of those people who try to be the best in the class but I'm starting at the bottom, so it will be a bit of a change. I'm hoping that by the end of this year i can break away from high school and be ready take life on, with no one by my side to hold me back. My friends and that will be important, but I like to be independent.
The type of writing that I enjoy the most is writing stories. Whether they're 200 pages or only 10 or so. I try to spend as much of my time writing what I like to call my novel, but while my friends are ready the draft I'm currently working on a memoir I hope to enter in a contest. That brings of the second type of writing I do. I like to enter essay contests. The first couple I have entered have gotten me to Semi-Finalist and seeing my name on a certificate makes me proud. Then there’s third type of writing that I tend to work on. That just happens to be poetry. I've been writing poetry and entering contests since seventh grade. That's when I started looking into English. It wasn't till 8th grade, when I had Mr. Hubner as a teacher that I really knew I wanted to be a writer. After I found writing essays could be fun I've been enjoying the task of writing on a topic. And to me sometimes there is no short story; every time I try to write one it seems to get longer and longer. And how can I forget Texting. It's a bit new to me and i have to say I love it. there may not be very many people on my contacts list but I am welcoming to talk to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment