Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Jackie's Intro

Hi everyone! My name is Jackie Cullinane, I'm a junior at Sehome High School and English 100 is the only class I'm taking out at WCC through the running start program. I'm taking English at Whatcom because I'm not a huge fan of the A.P. language classes at Sehome although I still wanted a challenge. I have played soccer for WFC Rangers since 7th grade, and I LOVE it. Soccer is really my only hobby besides hanging out with my friends. I live on Lake Whatcom with my mom and sister, and I visit my dad who lives on Lake Samish every other weekend. My parents have been divorced for 3 years so going back and forth is pretty routine for me. I'm not the most outgoing person out there and I might come off as a little awkward at first, but after I warm up to people that usually goes away. I
strongly dislike conflict of any kind so I avoid getting involved in stuff like that as MUCH as possible. I am also bad at being angry, I forgive very easily it's hard for me to hold a grudge for more than five minutes. With those qualities also comes a strong sense of compassion, I am always putting myself in someone else's shoes.

As far as writing goes just like most people my age I do most of my writing through texts or on Facebook chat. Texting is easy, fast, and straight to the point which is honestly pretty nice. It's a way to get in touch with people you don't feel comfortable talking to in person, or just someone you'd rather not call on the phone. I usually text when I need to know something important, or when I just feel like talking to someone when I can't make a phone call. I don't feel like I would care all that much if I didn't have texting, I'm not a "textaholic" so I'm pretty sure I could live with out it.

No comments:

Post a Comment