Thursday, September 24, 2009

Areisha's Intro

Hi, everyone! My name's Areisha and I'm attending WCC for the first time. I'm very excited to be back in school after a three year break and am eager not only to learn, but also to meet new people. I've lived in Bellingham for two and a half years and I love it here! Not only is Bellingham incredibly beautiful, it also offers a variety of outdoor activities and a potpourri of unique people. I grew up in a small country town in Montana where going to church after school on Wednesdays was the highlight of the week, and my sister and I were the only colored students in our school. To be able to live someplace where so many diverse cultures intermingle is a real treat. My boyfriend and I really enjoy being outdoors as possible. Going for hikes, playing frisbee golf and exploring new trails are some of our favorite things to do. When we're not outdoors we fancy good movies and trying new cuisines. Currently I work as an NAC/Med Tech at Highgate Senior Living. It's a very challening job, but it can also be quite rewarding. My goal is to become an RN so I can give back even more.


The writing I do most often is shorthand when I'm at work. Every night I write a report for the noc Med Tech so she/he so they're up-to-date on the events of the day. I also write FYIs to our nurses about any changes or concerns I might have about a resident. I really enjoyed writing short stories and poetry when I was younger. I hope that English 100 with help reconnect me with my creative side so I can continue to write things others might like to read. If I couldn't write it would make it very difficult for me to be efficient at my job. It would also make me feel stifled. Writing is the best way I can make my opinions known. Without it my life would be bland and undescriptive.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Areisha most often writes at work, and the writing she does is mostly shorthand. Every night she has to write a report for the noc Med Tech. Also she writes short notes to the nurses keeping them informed on the residents. Without writing Areisha's job would be very difficult. I agree I too have to write short notes to people at work to keep them informed on certain matters or to give them important messages. I'm sure a lot of peoples jobs would be more difficult without writing.

    ReplyDelete