Thursday, September 24, 2009

Alex's Intro

Hey everyone! I’m Alexandria DuPraw, except I go by Alex :] I’m a junior at Squalicum High School. I am in the running start program as well. I wanted to challenge myself even more by starting college early. I hope to one day become some kind of designer. I have wanted to be a fashion designer since first grade. Although lately I have also been interested in interior design and architecture. Which reminds me of my family. They’re great support and push me to do as good as I can in school. Every family is weird but I’m sure mine tops everyone’s. We are all very loud and outgoing. Being from the south, family is very important. Therefore, we’re very close and whenever we have get to gathers there is never ending laughter. My laugh is the most unique and I suppose contagious. I love my family but I also love my friends. My very best friend Monica, is so much fun! She is one of those friends you can count on. I can trust her and she is there for me whenever. I know she will always be apart of my life because of that. A lot of my time now is spent with my boyfriend, Dimitri. He is a great soccer player and inspires to play professionally. He is that one person that understands me, and makes me feel comfortable being just me. Cheesy yeah :] We are both really goofy, so we always end up laughing and having a lot of fun. Another important part of my life is my sponsored child, Ines. She is nine years old and lives in Chad, Africa. She is absolutely adorable and the letters she sends me are truly heart warming.

As far as writing goes, poetry is my favorite. Sometimes it’s only ten lines that explain someone’s whole life. Poetry is so powerful. Trying to make everything fit together, like for an example writing a sonnet. Then once your final piece is finished you feel so accomplished. It isn’t like writing an essay, which is straight to the point. As a reader you have to infer and analysis until you figure our what the author was trying to say. In my opinion poetry is really an exciting way of writing.

1 comment:

  1. As Alex goes poetry is her favorite form of writing. She understands that poetry isn't quite like anything else in the world of writing. Somehow everything gets glued together. Poetry can go whereever you like, unlike an essay that continues in a stright line.I too agree that poetry is a unique way of comunication. Poetry can go from any excting topic to a sad topic.That makes poetry the form of wrinting to express your feelings. No matter how you write your proetry, either a sonnet, or an hiaku. Poetry fits together great in any situation.Which makes poetry the greatest form of writing.

    ReplyDelete